Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Litchfield Blanton And His Many Wives

Litchfield Blanton and his many wives More wild info found on Litchfield Blanton. He must have been quite the ladies man! I found another marriage. Yes that makes four women I've found that he married. I have no doubt it is him. He married Viola Marshall in McDowell County WV on July 10, 1915. Strange, he married Ada Anderson April 14, 1914. The marriage certificate to Viola says L.B. Blanton. Could be that there might be another L.B. Blanton. Doubtful since this marriage cert states that his parents were John and Sis Blanton. John Blanton's marriage certificate gives Lucinda Catherine Ramey's nickname as "Sis"..can't be a coincidence. So, to wrap up the wedded bliss of our grandfather, who was quite the liar. His first marriage was to Carrie Anderson July 2, 1910. Both from Wise Co, Va, he was 22, she was 18..next he married Carrie's sister Ada April 14, 1914. Both from Wise Co, he was 33, she was 20. I find it fascinating that he we went from 22 to 33 in 4 years. Then he somehow ended up in McDowell Co, WV as a coal miner and married Viola Marshall in 1915. Both state they are from Harlan Co, Ky. Now he's 26 and she is 22. Then he marries Vertie Brown my grandmother on Jan 20, 1920. He was 27 she was 20. Actually she lied, she was only 17. Ironically, his marriage certificate to grandma stated he was from Boyd Co, Ky. He was actually from Wise Co, Va. He sure knew how to keep his secrets well. I wonder what else I'll find. I'll let you know..

No comments:

Post a Comment